Sunday, April 29, 2012



Mrs. Olson's  Lovely Front Porch




[014[5].jpg]



Because I have not yet become an official crafter and haven't done any of my own projects, I don't get to sit at the "cool kids" table. 


What I mean is, I can't party with the other crafty folks who attend all those artsy craftsy Meme's or linky parties. I'm not bitter, just a little envious, they seem like such a good time and I so would love to partake.


I suppose I'm just going to have to hurry up and get to work on a project and hope like H-E- double hockey sticks it turns out good enough, so I can join in on the fun.


Sarah from one of my latest favorites, Alderberry Hill who hosts Make The Scene Monday, is such a sweetheart for allowing me to join her party, even though I'm only just a  wannabe crafter as of yet. It has truly been such a blast and I've met a lot of nice and highly skilled crafty peeps from it.


Due to not having any new posts that would be relative, I opted not to link up this week, I didn't want to feel out of place, that would be a bit awkward I think. I've still been connecting with those who participated and this morning M.T.S. lead me to Mrs. Olson's lovely front porch.


When I went to Have a Daily Cup From Mrs. Olson, I started out admiring the adorable vintage baby bathtub she decorated her deck with. And, I couldn't take my eyes off of the yellow mailbox.


Then while I was leaving my compliments, I glanced over to my right and there it was, the front porch of my dreams. So, I finished my comment and immediately headed over to get a closer look.




[011[5].jpg]


Oh my goodness... sooo cute!!!


Take away the furniture and the porch and the home itself, gorgeous. The vintage red glider and the yellow chairs along with the lovely accents she coupled them with give it such a warm, welcoming vibe. It's got so much personality, it's very quaint yet cheerful. It's got a nice homey appeal that I love and would want for my own dream home.




[015[6].jpg]


I also must commend her on her fabulous yard. I'm not sure who is responsible for their gardening, but whoever it is, did a remarkable job on both the rock garden and the one in front. I admire that gigantic rock against the brick and that birdhouse is just too cute for words.



[012[6].jpg]






The garden in front is so sweet, I instantly fell in love with the birdbath, the moment I laid my eyes on it.



Her home is very charming! What do you think?



I've seen so many beautiful gardens this season. People seem to be working extra hard in the yard this year. I'm wondering if Pinterest has played a part in that. I never really cared much about it until that site came into my life. I still don't have the urge to get out and dig in the dirt, not that I would be able to anyway, considering I don't have a garden to plant anything.


I just don't think I'd be too good in the garden. I hate bugs and I'm really not a fan of diggin in the dirt. I do admire people who enjoy it and the time they put into it. It seems like it would be a lot of work, but hey somebody's gotta do it right?




Do you enjoy gardening? Have you done any planting this spring? What do you have growing in your garden?




Tell me all about it in a comment or you can send pictures and info of your gardens to skylarmagazine.sarah@gmail.com and maybe I will do a special feature*

2 comments:

  1. Mrs Olson's home and its surroundings are so beautiful Skylar. Everything looks so neat and inviting. One could really relax there. My brother and I planted some flowers recently but I do not know the names! One of them is on my Blog. It is a picture of them that I took when mom, my brother and I went for a drive through the countryside. The flowers look like orange bells. The flowers in my garden that have done well so far this spring are roses and ginger lilies! At least I know those names!:) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound pretty, I'll have to go take a look. I'm not sure what ginger lilies are. I'll have to look those up.

      Sarah

      Delete