Up on all the latest fashion shows? Submit your own personal runway review. I'm looking for both Spring and Fall 2011 ready to wear reviews. Your review can be on one specific designer or various designers and should be at least 3-12 paragraphs. I'm looking for both positive and unfavorable reviews. You do not have to be a professional or experienced writer in order to do a review, it's really just based on your own personal opinion. You can send your reviews to http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001118035795, I will be selecting the best reviews to feature on the blog.
Here are some tips and things you need to know to help you get started:
1. Be creative. There is really no specific way to do this. You can take a look at some reviews I have done, but if you want to do it differently that's totally fine and I encourage you to do so.
2. Include pictures to go along with your review of both your favorite and least favorite looks from the fashion shows.
3. It would be helpful if you could send photo credits. Usually the name of the photographer will be under the photo or they could also be on the side. Make sure you look to see if there needs to be credit given to the photographer.
4. You will need to include links to the sites where you got the photos.
5. You can find fashion show photos on nymag.com. Just go to the site and click on the fashion link from the top menu bar and then go to the designer link on the side menu and go through and look for either spring or fall 2011 shows.
6. Your review doesn't have to be perfect, but please proofread and spellcheck as much as you can. I will edit your work as needed, but it is helpful if you can do some of your own as well.
7. Good grammar is a plus.
8. Try to give as much detail as possible.
9. Please do not submit photos that have writing on them.
10. Give details about specific garments and looks from the show. Let me know what you loved or disliked about that particular piece (was it the kind of materials they used, the colors or lack of colors, a really pretty print or an odd print etc).
Ideas on how to do this
1. You can write about a specific designer whose collection you loved. Let me know what you loved about the collection and which looks you liked best.
2. Write a review about a designer whom you thought completely missed it. There are a lot of great designers out there who will occasionally disappoint with their collections, there are also designers who tend to always disappoint and those who go way over the top. I want to read about these designers as well.
3. You can submit mixed reviews. I find that there are some designers whose collections are generally fantastic, but then they throw in a few misses here and there.
4. Go to these posts to see examples of reviews I have done:
FYI: You can do more than one review. You can always do as many as you want.
Let me know if you have any questions:)http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/2010/11/karen-walker-fall-2010-ready-to-wear.htmlhttp://skylarinc.blogspot.com/2010/11/andrew-gn-fall-2010-rtw.html
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
So, I know I told you I was going to be posting more often, and I have been trying, I have just been struggling a lot lately with writers block and lack of inspiration. I thought these problems had gone away a few weeks ago, but I guess the lightbulb just didn't want to stay on. Currently, I am working on bringing you new and better content that I hope you will really enjoy. I'm focusing on finding the real stars of Skylar and hopefully I will start finding them soon. Until I am able to find what I'm looking for I will just be doing your favorite features such as Girl Crush, Hottie of The Day and a few of the others. I will also post fashion related articles as much as I can as well. Thank you all for your patience, if you ever have any ideas or want to help out in anyway you can always contact me on Facebook anytime. Thanks:) Sarah.